Politics
‘Fox & Friends’ Star Reveals Health Scare Amid Mysterious Absence
Fox News star Lawrence Jones III has revealed the reason behind his recent absence from “Fox & Friends,” telling viewers he underwent another surgery after suffering a second detached retina.
The 33-year-old co-host said the latest scare followed an earlier retinal tear that he later learned stemmed from a childhood sports injury.
“Hey family, You may have noticed my recent absence. I’ve been open about my eye surgery due to a retinal tear,” Jones wrote in a social media post.
He then explained that the problem had returned.
“However, I later discovered that this was caused by a childhood sports injury. Regrettably, I’ve sustained another retina detachment, which is common after the initial tear.”
Jones said the setback forced him back into surgery, putting him temporarily off the air while he recovers.
The Fox personality thanked the medical team treating him and the network for standing behind him during the unexpected health battle.
Hey family,
You may have noticed my recent absence. I’ve been open about my eye surgery due to a retinal tear. However, I later discovered that this was caused by a childhood sports injury. Regrettably, I’ve sustained another retina detachment, which is common after the initial…
— Lawrence Jones III (@LawrenceBJones3) August 20, 2026
“Yesterday, I underwent surgery again with the best care team,” he wrote.
Jones also offered a message of appreciation to his colleagues and the audience that had been wondering where he was.
“I want to express my deepest gratitude to my colleagues, Fox management, and our audience for their unwavering support during this challenging time.”
Despite undergoing a second operation, Jones sounded upbeat about getting back behind the “Fox & Friends” desk.
“I’m optimistic that I’ll be back soon!”
RELATED: Rosie O’Donnell Melts Down, Lashes Out At Fox News Host
His absence had drawn attention from regular viewers of the highly rated morning program, where Jones has become a familiar face alongside the network’s longtime lineup.
Jones joined Fox News in December 2018 and steadily climbed through the network’s ranks before landing a permanent spot on “Fox & Friends.”
He was officially named a weekday co-host in September 2023.
Before taking on that role, Jones hosted the Saturday program “Lawrence Jones Cross Country,” while also appearing across Fox’s political and news coverage.
His rise at the network has made him one of Fox’s more recognizable younger personalities, particularly among viewers who favor the channel’s straight-talking approach to politics and culture.
For now, Jones remains away from the show while recovering from surgery, but his latest update made clear he expects the absence to be temporary.
POLL: Will You Support Trump And His Candidates In The Midterms?
