The Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who was recently sentenced to 22 years in prison for his participation in the Capitol Riots, has come forward with bombshell accusations that the Department of Justice told him to falsely tie Donald Trump to the events of January 6 in exchange for a plea deal.
“They asked me to LIE about President Trump in order to indict him,” Enrique Tarrio said. “I told them to pound sand, and because I refused to lie about President Trump it cost me twenty-two years of my life.”
“The truth is, I could have been home,” said Tarrio. “I could have been home a long time ago. I could be in my warm ass bed right now, laughing at the world, without a problem…and all I had to do in order to do that WAS LIE ABOUT TRUMP. All I had to do was confirm a lie.”
The now-convicted January 6 defendant then averred that the Department of Justice was trying to orchestrate a case tying Donald Trump to the Capitol Riots with false testimony.
He added that the prosecutors in the Department of Justice attempted to coerce him into signing a false statement that would implicate President Trump by swearing that “through several degrees of separation and connections, Tarrio had communicated with Trump regarding ‘plans’ for January 6th.”
Tarrio appeared on “The Absolute Truth” with Emerald Robinson, where he made a similar claim and sought to dispel rumors about being an FBI “informant.”
After being sentenced to 22 years in prison, Enrique Tarrio is speaking out.
Tarrio tells @EmeraldRobinson the feds asked him to lie in order to indict President Donald Trump.
Tarrio also sets the record straight by addressing the "informant" rumors.
🚨MUST SEE: pic.twitter.com/yoEqLbVRxz
— The Absolute Truth with @EmeraldRobinson (@AbsoluteWithE) September 8, 2023
On a “Twitter Space” on X on Friday night, Enrique Tarrio repeated his accusations against the Biden regime. He disclosed two names of Biden officials who were in the meeting when he was pressured by federal agents to lie about President Trump.
Enrique Tarrio announced two DOJ officials who were in the room during this meeting: DOJ Lead Prosecutor Jocelyn Ballantine and Assistant US Attorney Jason McCullough.
Jocelyn Ballantine previously served as a DOJ attorney assigned to General Michael Flynn’s prosecution. The DOJ acknowledged tampering with evidence in Flynn’s case, leading to the eventual dismissal of charges against General Flynn.
Ballantine faced allegations of dishonesty during a DOJ inquiry into Strzok and McCabe. Notably, she continues to hold a prominent position in Merrick Garland’s DOJ.
Attorney Jason McCullough recently implored jurors to find the Proud Boys guilty of seditious conspiracy.
Tarrio provided the names for further investigation, stating that there still needs to be “smoking gun” evidence provided to the public in order to prove his allegations.