One America News (OAN) founder and CEO Robert Herring Sr. has hinted that his outlet is prepared to offer a massive deal to Tucker Carlson shortly after he was fired by Fox News. The wildly successful former Fox News host’s next move has been the subject of much speculation after he was abruptly let go by the network earlier this week.
OAN was one of a handful of networks to offer Carlson — who dominated cable news ratings for years — a contract just hours after his firing was announced. “@RobHerring would like to extend an invitation to Carlson to meet for negotiation,” OAN wrote in a tweet not long after the news broke.
Tucker Carlson Leaves Fox Nation
Maybe Fox News' loss could be @OANN's gain, Founder and CEO @RobHerring would like to extend an invitation to Carlson to meet for negotiation.https://t.co/O5KmsPyhyx#OAN #TuckerCarlson #FauxNews #FoxNews @TuckerCarlson pic.twitter.com/MEU3f5CG77
— One America News (@OANN) April 24, 2023
Herring later told the Times of San Diego that his network is prepared to offer Carlson a massive contract. “It would be great if we could get Tucker! I might give him around $25 million. And he would be well worth that!” Herring wrote in an email to the outlet.
In addition to the offer from OAN, Carlson has also received an invitation from Glenn Beck to join TheBlaze, which he co-founded. Beck, who left Fox News in 2011, stated that he and Carlson had “become friends” over the years and pledged that Carlson would have creative freedom.
“We would love to have you here. You won’t miss a beat. And together, the two of us will tear it up. Just tear it up,” Beck said shortly after the news broke. Beck went on to say that the move was “suicidal” for Fox.
“I think that will kill Fox. I really do,” said Beck. “I know so many people that, you know, still kind of like Fox. And they watch the other shows. But they’re like, Tucker, Tucker is the only one that I really trust. You lose Tucker Carlson. I think that really kills them. Hey, have I reminded you to join TheBlaze?”
Fox has remained quiet on the details of Carlson’s abrupt departure, though The Los Angeles Times reported that the decision was made due to fallout from a number of pending lawsuits against the network. Several outlets have reported that the decision came directly from Fox News boss Rupert Murdoch.